UN Views about SPIRULINA
WHAT THE UN SAYS ABOUT SPIRULINA
Spirulina was declared by the United Nations World Food Conference of 1974 as the best food for the future.
“There is a need for both national governments and inter-governmental organizations to re-evaluate the potential of Spirulina to fulfill both their own food security needs as well as a tool for their overseas development emergency response efforts” – The UN-Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) Report on Spirulina 2008
“For WHO, Spirulina represents an interesting food for multiple reasons, rich in iron and protein, and is able to be administered to children without any risk. We at WHO consider it a very suitable food.” – United Nations World Health Organization (WHO), Geneva, Switzerland June 8th, 1993
Advantages of Spirulina
- Spirulina does not need fertile land for cultivation and therefore conserves fertile land and soil. It has over 60 % protein that is higher than any other food besides benefits of rapid growth and higher yield.
- Spirulina requires less energy input per kilo than soy, corn, or bovine protein. As cheap energy sources are depleted, costs of energy dependent foods will rise up with energy prices .
- Spirulina uses less water per kilo of protein than other foods as the water is recycled back to the ponds after harvesting.
- Spirulina is a big oxygen producer that is even more efficient than trees and forests to absorb Carbon dioxide and release Oxygen.
- Spirulina production uses non-fertile land and brackish water and is a potent remedy to deforestation to cultivate food. As people eat lower on the food chain, the pressures to destroy wilderness can be halted and help re-green our planet.
- Spirulina has no externalized hidden costs in terms of depletion of fresh water, fertile top soil and forests, pollution from pesticides, herbicides, and toxins. No long term medical costs from unhealthy foods with chemical additives.
Become DXN’s Registered Member:
Click following Link to become DXN Life time member completely Free:
Get Free Online Consultancy:
Like Our Facebook Page and get free online consultancy for your beauty and Health….
OR Email us for Consultancy and further Details: